Sunday, January 09, 2005

Ageless

Back to the Curriculum Module on The Aging Process
(Click the above word "Ageless" for the reference.)
"Moreover, interviews with older adults themselves have found that individuals' own self-images seem to change relatively little as they age, leading some anthropologists to posit that the self is essentially "ageless."
Au contraire! "Who am I?" is the ageless question. What if I still don't know? What if I'm a seeker? What if I don't have a good self-image? Do I have to quit believing that I can be better? That my perception of self might be one day be better?
Do I let go and accept me the way I am? Why is that so bad?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In the eyes of some I am old, in the eyes of others I am young. In my own eyes I am ageless. Take good care of yourself there is only one you, but accepting yourself as you are is improtant too. I am learning about this too.

easywriter