Sunday, March 05, 2006

The Flame of Resentment Blown Away





Realized this morning it's time to blow out the flame of resentment. Why, for 40 years I was a free spirit. Owning property, being a land owner never appealed to me. Too much work. Priorites for financial, physical and emotional resources were elsewhere. With marriage came responsibilities and ownership. This weekend "something" made me realize how much I resented the responsibility of ownership. The time, energy and organizational skills required to keep up a house in the city was more than I wanted. Then we bought lake property and we took on the responsibility of caring for relatives. Now I am REALLY uncomfortable. Didn't get it until today how much anger was bottled up. Time to blow out the flame of resentment.
Weird how this is so contradictory - I watched a PBS special on geneology...land ownership for former slaves meant freedom - for me this meant burden. Selfish? Ungrateful. Maybe. Just honest.





*** Photos found at http://www.flickr.com/photos/urbanmdcowboy/ ***

No comments: